Multi-purpose high build epoxy
High solids high build epoxy intermediate
Primer for durable systems with wide range of topcoats, including polyurethanes and acrylics
Ballast water tanklining
High build anti-corrosive coating for ship hulls
Excellent shop primer for corrosive service
Suitable for immersion service
Outstanding chemical and weather resistance
Excellent adhesion to inorganic zinc silicate
Contains no lead or chromate pigments
Wide film build range
Compatible with a variety of substrates and surface preparations
|VOC (EPA method 24)
(ASTM D2697 modified)
Amercoat 385 is a high-performance epoxy coating forming a tough, abrasion-resistant, durable film. It adheres strongly to bare steel, coated steel and inorganic zinc silicate primed surfaces on new construction, repair and field maintenance projects.
Amercoat 385 will also adhere to intact painted surfaces and tight rust and may be used to repair itself or inorganic zinc silicate primers.
Amercoat 385 provides an excellent barrier to corrosion; its inhibitive pigment version (385PA) affords corrosion inhibition at damaged areas. It has good chemical resistance, making it suitable for use in aggressive environments.
Amercoat 385 is userfriendly and can be applied by a variety of methods to produce a smooth, fast-drying film. It is suitable for immersion in both salt and fresh water at temperatures up to 140°F, continuous and can be used as a tank lining for alkaline and salt solutions, petroleum fuels, and certain chemicals.
Amercoat 385 may also be applied over aluminum, stainless steel, galvanizing, concrete and previously coated surfaces in addition to carbon steel.
Amercoat 880 glassflake may be added to increase film build and lower moisture vapor permeability. For additional information see Amercoat 880 Product Data Sheet or contact your PPG representative.
- MIL-PRF-23236(C) Type V, Class 7, Grade C
- Military Sealift Comand - Underwater Hulls, Topside and saltwater ballast tanks service
- Compliant with USDAIncidental Food Contact Requirements
- NFPA Class A for flasme spread and smoke development
- NORSOK M501 Rev. 5, System 7 subsea surfaces
- MPI Category #108
- Decks, hulls and superstructures of ships, barges and work boats.
- Piers, offshore platforms and related structures.
- Tank exteriors in oil refineries, paper mills, chemical processing facilities and waste water treatment plants.
- Tank lining.
- Industrial structural steel, machinery and piping.
Systems Using Amercoat 385
Click here for Product Data Sheets
(page will open in new window)
Amercoat 385 Quick Reference Guide