Very low solvent content meets VOC requirements, reduces the risk of pinholing and solvent entrapment at the substratecoating interface, often a major cause of coating failure with conventional epoxies and lower solids systems.
- Formulated for direct-to-metal application with excellent substrate wetting while retaining excellent edge coverage
- Exceptional corrosion protection in salt and fresh water immersion and corrosive chemical environments
- Surface tolerant, lowers the cost of surface preparation
- Excellent adhesion to tight rust
- Compatible with water jetted or hand and power tool cleaned surfaces.
- Low temperature cure down to 0°F (-18°C) without additives or alternate curing agents
- Fast dry-to-recoat and rapid handling properties
- High-build (up to 12 mils) in one coat
- Abrasion resistant
|VOC (EPA 24)
(EC SED 1999/13/EC)
(ISO 3233 modified)
|** VOC figures quoted are according to both EPA Method 24 which is practically determined and EC directive 1999/13/ EC which is theoretically determined.
Tank Linings and Pipe Coatings
- Ballast and fuel tanks
- Bilges, wet voids and other damp areas
- Crude oil tanks
Ships, Offshore and Marine Structures
- Exterior hull above and below waterline
- Decks and superstructures, piping, and equipment
- Interior surfaces
Fabrication and New Construction
- Heavy industry, structural steelwork, bridges, tankage
- Speeds up production, even at low temperatures
- A single coat multi-purpose, surface-tolerant coating
- Classified by Marintek, as class B1 for use in ballast water tanks
- Tested by NOHC as being suitable as a lining for grain storage containers.
- Lloyd's Register - Provisionally recognized as acceptable for saltwater ballast tanks and double bottom tanks; Certificate Number: MATS/3404/1
- NAVSEA - MIL-PRF23236(C) Class 7, Type VII, Grade C
- NAVSEA - MIL-PRF-24647
- Certified by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) to comply with IMO Resolution
MSC.215(82) Performance Standard for Protective Coatings (PSPC)
for seawater ballast tanks.
Systems Using Amercoat 240
Click here for Product Data Sheets
(page will open in new window)