|Davis Master Sextants
All Davis Master Sextants feature the following specifications:
- 7" (18cm) Frame Radius. Graduation 120° to -5°
- Index mirror rectangular, 1.98" x 1.49" (50 x 38mm).
- Precision machined slow travel gear and worm mechanism
- Highly visible, easy to read micrometer drum and vernier allowing readings to 2/10 minute of arc.
- Fully Ribbed, three circle sextant body for platform strength and stability
- Large, contoured handle designed for sure steady grip and angled back for added control
- Seven large sunshades allow complete, independant adjustment of shading density for horizon and index mirrors
- 3 x 27mm star telescope with anti-reflective coated glass lense, plus seperate hooded sight tube for glare-free sun shots
- Neck lanyard frees hands and protects sextant
- Tough, fully padded, shock resistant carrying case with compartments for extra battery and mirror kits
|Mark 15 Sextant
Large, easily adjusted mirrors using new instrument quality glass and a special baked on salt spray resistant backing. Both mirrors have protective housings. Horizon mirror is half silvered. No adjusment wrenches required
Molded of High Impact plastic
||Mark 15 Sextant
||Extra Mirrors, spring and screw kit for Mark 15
|Deluxe Mark 25 Sextant
With full-field dielectric
Full field beam converger with quartz hardcoat replaces conventional half silvered mirror. Horizon and astrobody images are combinedin a single full field for easy, reliable sights under the most difficult conditions
Special mineral coating is selective for different wavelengths of light. Horizon is transmitted in one color region and the star or sun in another.
Improved re-inforced plastic stiffens frame for greater measurement accuracy
High efficiency LED illumination system, which floods arc and drum with soft light. the LED will last for the lifetime of the sextant. Batteries which are included will last ten times longer than with regular bulbs.
||Mark 25 Sextant
||Extra beam converger, Mirror, spring and screw kit
|Mark 3 Marine Sextant
Learn to Navigate
The result of years of practical experience in the manufacture of precision instruments, this plastic sextant has been used as the sole means of both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Enableing the yachtsman to take a ship into any port in the world, it is used by professional, amature and student navigators alike. This rugged, full sized instrument reads to within 2' of arc.
- Full 7" (18 cm) Arc
- Instantly adjustable
- 4 Sun Shades
- Corrosion proof
- Instruction book included.
||Mark 3 Marine Sextant
Practice navigation without going to sea
Answers the need of every sextant user who cannot depend on a natural sea horizon. use for backyard practice, finding exact position when inland, and making exact sextant shot on foggy mornings.
To use, fill with water and read the angle of the reflected sun with your sextant. half your sextant reading is the sun's angle above the horizon. Windproof and corrosion resistant, the feflecting surface is completely enclosed.
Comes with two sunshades, a lid and full instructions
|PC Astro Navigator
Computerize your sextant
PC Astro navigator software provides accurate and quick solutions to all celestial navigation problems.
- Novice Navigators- Check manual calculations while learning traditional methods
- Experienced navigators- Analyze results from past voyages
- Hobbyists-Use for fun and practice
|Extensive features are menu driven and very user friendly:|
||Running fixes, course and distance made good
||Noon sights, LOP's, and sight reductionare completely integrated with dead reckoning (DR) to eliminate tedious re-entry of numbers
||Dr and celestial results can be easily plotted to screen and printer
||Covers sun, moon visible planets and 57 stars for the years 1925 - 2024
||Computes position of visible stars at dusk and dawn
||Computes position of visible stars and planets for a given date and time
||Astro Navigator Software